Frog Amigurumi Pattern
Froggies by Brenna Eaves
Well howdy-do folks, it's Brenna from Little Raven Fiber Arts and I've got a goofy little ami to share with you this month! They're so quick and easy, you can have your own froggy chorus reep-reeping the summer nights away in no time.
There is very little assembly involved: the feet are worked as part of the body, all that's left is the eyes!
* Worsted weight yarn in two colors: froggy main and tummy color
* Size G/4.0mm Odyssey hook
* Yarn needle
* Black fabric paint for the pupil
* Scrap yarn for the mouth
with chosen froggy color, ch 2 or magic loop
- 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook / loop (6)
- 2 sc in each sc around (12)
- *2 sc in 1st sc, sc in next sc* rep *-* around (18)
- *2 sc in 1st sc, sc in next 2 sc* rep *-* around (24)
- *2 sc in 1st sc, sc in next 3 sc* rep *-* around (30)
6-10. sc in each sc around (30)
- sc in 1st 10 sc, with TUMMY COLOR sc in next 4 sc, with MAIN COLOR sc in last 16 sc (30)
- sc in 1st 9 sc, with TUMMY COLOR sc in next 7 sc, with MAIN COLOR sc in last 14 sc (30)
- sc in 1st 7 sc, [ch 3, 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook, ch 2, 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook then sc into same ch sp as 1st 3 sc, ch 2, 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook and then sc into 3rd ch from original ch 3. Foot made. It will look a bit like a 3-leaf clover.], sc in next sc, with TUMMY COLOR sc in next 9 sc, with MAIN COLOR sc in next sc, [work FOOT again], sc in last 12 sc (30)
- in BLO, *sc dec, sc in next 3 sc* rep *-* around (24)
- now in both loops, *sc dec, sc in next 2 sc* rep *-* around (18)
STUFF the frog body firmly
- *sc dec, sc in next sc* rep *-* around (12)
- *sc dec* around
FO and close up any remaining hole, weave in the end
ch 2 or magic loop
- 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook / loop (5)
- 2 sc in each sc around (10)
3-4. sc in each sc around (10)
FO and press flat. Sewing through both layers at once, stitch the eyes onto either side the body between rounds 5 and 10 of the body. They should be right above the outer edge of each foot. Weave in the ends.
Using black fabric paint, daub a circle on each eye for the pupils. You can also accomplish this with a small circle of black felt and fabric glue.
Using scrap yarn, embroider a simple, single line between rounds 7-8 of the frog body. The outer edges of the line should line up with the outer edges of the tummy color changes.
We hope you have enjoyed this pattern by the fabulous Brenna Eaves of Little Raven Fiber Arts.